Space Science and All-Sky Camera
I am happy to meet with groups to provide clarification, ideas and support - preferably by appointment. Tuesdays and Thursdays are non-teaching days and are best for me - see my teaching schedule
- Ideas Tabulation - the tabulation distributed in class - here.
- McCain Hall Opening Presentation - here
A basic intro to the all-sky camera and what it does
- EDUC5883 in-class presentation - here
The Presentation, with ideas, as shown in class.
- Link to Fredericton Camera Construction Info - here
- Observing Bright moving objects in the night sky - here
Helps introduce some of the objects that may be confused with meteors - including objects of interest such as the international space station, MIR, satellites etc.
- Meteorite or Meteorwrong? - here
I compiled a poster for students a few years ago, and will post it here for reference.
- Heavens-above.com - here
A very good site for knowing when to observe satellites, the ISS
etc over a given area, with primers on the different objects.
- GoogleEarth 4.2 - here
This includes a star-viewing function, so you an see the constellations over a given area, the nebulae, galaxies, planets, etc. Really cool!
- Fireball video 1, video 2